Supervised Visitation Specialist – Asheville, NC 28801
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS
Are you passionate about serving children and families in your community? Do you want to positively impact children and families? If so, this could be the career for you!
The SPARC Foundation’s mission is to ignite connections to education, employment, and mentorship to strengthen the well-being and personal freedom of people and families in need. Our core values are: Authenticity, Balance, Collaboration, Courage, Direct Communication, Equity, Humor, and Innovation
The SPARC Foundation contracts with the Department of Social Services to support Social Workers in their important work with families. We are seeking a Visitation Specialist who observes visits between biological parents and their children when the court has ordered supervised visits. These coaches ensure the safety of the children during the visits, provide parenting tips and child development education, and document the activities in the visit so that Social Workers are informed.
Specifically, Visitation Specialist:
- Transport Child/Children and/or parent to/from the visit location in personal vehicle, use of county approved vehicle when available.*
- Support Positive Parenting behaviors such as setting boundaries, redirection, de-escalating conflict, and sibling rivalry.
- Help the parent prepare for visits and to say goodbye at the end of visits; help the parent and the child with separation and loss issues.
- Recognize and reinforce safety/risk issues that impact the child- domestic violence, mental health, substance abuse, appropriate caregivers, healthy environment, supervision, anger management, etc.
- Assure that any unsafe behaviors by the parent or child will be immediately addressed and redirected; the Visitation Coach shall elicit feedback from the child or parent regarding alternative methods of discipline.
- Help provide structure around the visitation and give parent increased responsibility to identify and demonstrate desired behaviors for safety as visitations progress.
This is typically a Monday-Friday job during working hours, with some hours occurring in the early evening. Must be available to work some early evenings during the week.
Qualifications of the position:
- High School Diploma or 2 years experience with counseling or related human services.
- A reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required.
- Experience with teaching parenting skills.
- Experience working with children in a school or community setting.
- Ability to sit for long hours and remain engaged.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with parents and children.
- Efficient with technology to provide virtual visits and document observations.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and online records management systems
Pay: $36,000.00 – $38,000.00 per year
- $500 Sign-on bonus ($250 paid upon hire, $250 paid after completion of 90 days of employment)
- $100 Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Work phone and laptop provided
- Team culture
- Optional Supplemental benefits through AFLAC
SPARC does not have health benefits for staff. However supplemental benefits (such as Dental and Vision) are available through AFLAC.
Please submit resume and cover letter to start your career in Human Services – Recruiter@thesparcfoundation.org
At SPARC, we value the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, races, genders, religions, national origins, ages, physical and cognitive capabilities, and sexual orientations. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 828-450-7367.